My Pantry - North Wollongong Beach NSW

Pavlova with strawberries and mango coulis.

The lady who greeted at the door was friendly-infectious and knew how to get the drinks and food going.  She was professional, welcoming and made sure every table was attended to despite being busy.   We hung around for around three hours and felt like being at home.  There are choices in meats, salads and cocktails, with a good wine menu.  I noticed the Vegie Patch salad and tried at first to not choose chicken but in the end I deferred to the white meat, much to my glee for the crumbed chicken was a delight  - and I loved the uplifting batter.





John Dory fish and chips


The grilled Dory fish was just right - crispy batter, fresh flavourful juicy insides and with yummy chips accompanied by two dipping sauces.   For dessert I wanted the lime and coconut Panna Cotta but they had run out that day.  I looked at alternative choices of trio of sorbet but went for the chocolate cake, which turned out to be good.   The complimentary Gong bus shuttle also passes by the front doors of My Pantry.

 
My choice for mains - crumbed chicken breast, just right for a moderate lunch.


Posters on the wall echo scenes from Cuba to Monte Carlo.   This is a two shopfront restaurant and accessible throughout the day once opened,  so customers and regulars think nothing of walking in during mid-afternoon.  From 230pm to 6pm, customers can also have cocktails, cheese platters and a relaxing atmosphere between the meals.   I understand that there has been a recent change of owners and I like what I see in the new arrangements.

The menu is varied from tapas to Mediterranean influenced cuisine.  There are communal settings for mingling and its location is just across the road from the Novotel North Wollongong Beach.   Cliff Road is the millionaires row of Wollongong so to speak but the gem is the surf and beach at its door.
We had sangria - nice red and easy - to settle into the afternoon hours.   It is irresistible to be able to walk along the shore near My Pantry but the rains threatened outside.




Chocolate cake with texture and gentle on the palate - with a dollop of vanilla ice cream and strawberry.



My Pantry is located at 5/17 Cliff Road, North Wollongong.
Telephone  612 4229 3141
Opening hours on weekends and from Wednesdays to Fridays for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Mondays and Tuesdays for lunch and dinner.


My Pantry Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunty Gaik Lian's - Straits Chinese, Georgetown, Penang

85 Degrees Bakery Cafe Hurstville NSW

Return to Eythrope